Ring Road Rawalpindi: Here’s All You Need to Know About This Striking Project
Ring Road Rawalpindi has finally got approved from Punjab’s CM (Chief Minister), Mian Shahbaz Sharif. It’s already visible that the construction of Ring Road will definitely affect the prices of Bahria Phase 8 Extension and Bahria orchard Rawalpindi. Reports say CM of Punjab has already approved 21 billion rupees for the construction of Ring Road, Rawalpindi.
Ring Road Project
- RDA introduced the Ring Road project in 1991, but due to recurrent changes in governments and regimes, it didn’t get the chance to execute in time.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) will be funding Ring road Rawalpindi project, as for construction purposes, the government of Punjab has ordered the RDA to hand over the project to the C&W department.
A latest news report has unveiled some important details about the Rawalpindi Ring Road and in this article, we are going to share some of the striking features of this astonishing project.
The great news is that Rawalpindi Ring Road route has been finalized and now it will be constructed with a bypass-construction design. But why the bypass design? Well, it will provide easier access to the congesting and heavy traffic travelling on G.T. Road, which had to pass through the garrison city before. Other projects along Rawalpindi Ring Road route are also going to profit from this bypass design.
- Rawalpindi Ring Road route will start from Channi Sher Alam bridge – near Rawat and will be ending at Thalian Interchange on Lahore-Islamabad Motorway.
- For now, Rawalpindi Ring Road won’t be following an encompassing and encircling route like the Ring Road of Lahore.
- Rawalpindi Ring Road route will be 32 km [in length].
- 2-Link Roads of 6 km and 8 km will be connecting Ring Road to GT road.
- Rawalpindi Ring Road will have commercial areas on both sides.
- This Ring Road project will be 300 ft [in width].
- Also, the Ring Road will include 6 flyovers, 3 interchanges and 10 overhead bridges.
This is a great news for the housing projects near the Rawalpindi Ring Road — as the housing projects can easily benefit from this Ring Road. Following are the names of those housing projects.
- Bahria Orchard, Rawalpindi
- Blue World City – Lowest Price Housing Society
- Bahria Town Rawalpindi — Phase 8
- Rose garden Bahria Town, Rawalpindi
It’s already quite obvious that this project will affect the prices of these housing schemes.
What is the Impact of Ring Road Project on the Real Estate Sector of Rawalpindi?
Rawalpindi Ring Road is definitely going to increase the overall charm and appeal of real estate sector — specifically; the projects near M-2 Motorway. New Islamabad International Airport is located near this Ring Road project, so investment opportunities will get higher in this area of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
Since the Government of Punjab has taken some concrete steps for the Rawalpindi Ring Road project – the project has become a matter of discussion for many. The main aim of government is to set off this crucial bypass project to lessen the traffic issues in Rawalpindi.
When will the development work start?
- The development work on Rawalpindi Ring Road will probably start from this year and as it’s expected, it will take almost 2 years to complete this project, which means it will get completed in 2020.
- As we have already mentioned above, Asian Development Bank will be financing the Rawalpindi Ring Road project, Rs 47 Billion will be spent on the construction of this Ring Road project and the majority of that amount will be provided by the Asian Development Bank.
This is all we have got to share with you about the Rawalpindi Ring Road project. If you have any questions related to this striking project, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
May 22, 2018 AT 10:55 AM
Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif is as always keenly interested in promoting roads culture in Punjab.
May 23, 2018 AT 10:38 AM
all development efforts of CM shareef is highly appreciable.
May 23, 2018 AT 11:30 AM
such type of projects not only provide the best transportation facilities but also add values to near by property.